Dharma yoga and Natural Health & Wellbeing
Dharma Yoga Health Centre was established in 1993 by Jean-Alain d'Argent, His vision for starting Dharma yoga was to: Create a positive, conscious, nurturing environment for spiritual growth, learning and healing.
At Dharma yoga, our aim is to dispel any misunderstanding about yoga and to bring back clarity to one of the most profound teaching known to mankind to date. Understanding and practice of this vast science has the potential to enhance our lives as it brings clarity, purpose and unconditional love to this amazing journey that we call life.
Dharma literally means that which holds your true nature. In practice it implies one should consciously choose a way of life and maintain this to one’s own highest standards.
The original meaning of the word Yoga union or to join is often explained as having two aspects.
1. To reintegrate consciously with the
creator of this vast and multidimensional universe.
2. To consciously and unconditionally connect to one's true self the part that continues from life to life the omnipresent being.
2. To consciously and unconditionally connect to one's true self the part that continues from life to life the omnipresent being.In the twenty first century yoga is often practiced purely for its physical benefits, without taking into consideration it's original meaning and purpose. The original founders that developed the practice of classical Yoga are known as the Rishis “great visionaries”. Rishis are said to bring forth spiritual wisdom at the start of every cycle of consciousness.
Yoga is a methodology that quickens the process of the ordinary unfolding of consciousness. Yoga principals states that those who cannot face the world have not yet understood how powerful they really are and that the mind is simply reflecting it's own belief upon itself. The system of Yoga is traditionally categorized into two parts
with many off shoots.
1. The physiological aspect of yoga is called Hatha yoga
2. The approach to mind development and mental mastery is called Raja yoga.
When it comes to classifying and grouping the systems of Yoga, opinion vary. At Dharma, our specialized Yoga classes consist of specific Yoga techniques such as breathing exercises, stretching, Yoga postures, progressive relaxation, meditation and Yoga philosophy to achieve a complete Yoga experience. Dharma Yoga utilizes the teachings and inspiration of the Himalayan yoga tradition to assist each student to develop to their full potential naturally with guidance.
To date Dharma yoga continued to expand with a variety of complimentary health modalities. Our practitioners are under the section of Therapies. I suggest to check out the different sections of our web page and I look forward to being of sevice to you soon! Jean-Alain quotes that "success is simply clear, conscious thinking in action".
Variations of Salute to the sun
Download your favourite Salute to the Sun - Surya Namaskar
The name Dharma was chosen for its many meanings - truth, service, way of life. Dharma literally means 'that which holds your true nature'. In practice it implies one should consciously choose a way of life and maintain this to one's own highest standards. Teachers are available for corporate sessions, workshops and retreats. Please telephone the centre with your enquiries or to request a current timetable. Dharma is open 7 days a week, providing both daytime and evening classes.